Monday, January 24, 2011

Shrooming on The Air

You've probably been wondering what happened to my blog in the last few weeks. Well, a good portion of it is still in my head amongst all the other clutter. Problem is, I just haven't had the time to put fingers to keyboard.

Don't get me wrong, I love writing. You've probably noticed how I am incapable of making a succinct point in less than 5,000 words.

Lately, much of my time and energy has been directed at an Internet radio station called CJIM. This has been a pet project of mine for about a year and a half, and it has grown significantly in that time. Just recently I added a regular contributor to the station in Daniel Iorio, a local musician and writer (among his other vocations). There are plans to add more content from other contributors in the coming months.

The station is non-profit, which means funding its operation comes solely out of my 'fun money.' That is to say, whatever is left after all the bills are paid, or more accurately: Canadian Tire money.

Radio is a life long-passion of mine, so this project, despite the demands on my time, is pure joy. The fact that other people are jumping on board is just icing on the cake.

All this to say, my blogging days will be significantly fewer in the foreseeable future. I know there were a few of you who actually looked forward to reading my online rants, so to you I apologize. You'll just have to get a subscription to 'O' magazine.

It's been said that it is better to do one thing well than several things poorly. In my case I hope to do fewer things better and hope for the best.

My priorities have been, and continue to be: family first, career second and everything else just has to fall in line. It certainly won't make me a rich man, but some of best things in life are the simplest, and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Of course, there's no point in having a project if you can't contribute yourself. So, if you want to hear a radio version of the Shroom Chronicle, I invite you to tune into the aptly named Shroom Show which you can hear every Thursday evening, 9 PM (ET) on CJIM.

How do I tune in, you ask? Well, tune in is a deceptive term, log in is more apropos. Go to www.cjim.ca and click on Listen Live and viola, live streaming audio.

One proviso, it is a rock station, so if your ears are at all sensitive to the occasional wailing guitar riff, this may not be for you.

See you on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment