Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Greetings From Busyville

Yeah, I know, haven't blogged in a while. Free time is vanishing like nuts at a squirrel convention...ahem...so is my wit.

I am nearing the end of the radio broadcasting course, which has been an absolutely amazing experience. It took up a lot of my time, and I found running between work and evening courses a bit exhausting. Nonetheless, I learned a ton and am excited to see where this may take me in the future.

We visited CJAD/Virgin Radio/CHOM studios tonight and my head is still in the clouds. There are a myriad of creative adjectives and comparative phrases I could compose to describe the experience, but in my exuberance the best I can up with is 'cool'. My thanks to our host and tour guide Mark Bergman who seemed more than willing to answer my dumb-ass questions. Of course, I cannot forget 'media legend' Robert Vairo for leading me on this journey. I'm hoping to convince him to write a book about the history of radio in Montreal, his stories are the best.

For those of you keeping score at home, I am still working on my health-overhaul. Thus far I've lost close to 25 pounds and am feeling terrific. I am eating better and exercising regularly. There are some milestones yet to be reached, but I am encouraged by the progress. Yes, I'm probably crazy trying to do this in the middle of night classes, a busy work schedule and various other things I have on the go. I guess I learned that there is no such thing as a perfect time to make a change.

Well, enough about me.

Go Hawks, Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment